Do You Think Cable is on the Way Out?

Users who are viewing this thread

pafjlh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.29z
It would seem that these days with high speed Internet that more and more people are looking at other alternatives to stream movies and TV programs. There was a time that Cable and Satellite was the only option we had to get the upgraded viewing of movies, sport events and certain TV programs. Now that is no longer the case. There are many websites now where people can subscribe to in order to get countless forms of entertainment to stream, such as Hulu and Netflix.

Also, now some premium channles such as HBO have jumped onto the streaming band wagon. There are also cable networks that offer live streaming of their programs on their websites. Maybe it will still take time but I have to say there are signs of cable becoming obsolete because of these options. One of the main signs is the fact tha cable keeps raising its prices this is a clear sign that something isn't right because odds are they are raising their prices because they have lost money due to subscribers leaving the service.

So, I think its a matter of time and Cable will be on the way out thanks to the streaming services now provided, what do you think?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Ash1280

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I hope not.
I got rid of my satellite due to precip.
When it rains I lose the signal until it stops.
When it snows same thing.
I have more channels with cable.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back