Do you prefer used books or new books?

Users who are viewing this thread

mary

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.53z
When l first started reading l used to buy second hand books all the time and as l got older l would treat myself to a new book and this was not often as the new books are pretty expensive, now that l am even older l still buy second hand books and treat my self occasionally what's your preference.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Pierre Eustache

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.12z
I don't like to buy books, so, i don't go for either new or old; i spend most of my time online and read books for only books unavailable digitally or when i want to protect my eyes. So, i prefer to rent book at library, read them and give them back after! But i keep small home place with my preferred books!

xTinx

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I prefer both. I own a number of used or surplus books along with newly bought ones. It doesn't really matter as what's more important to me is the story written in each book. As long as the story's beautiful, adrenaline-pumping and worth learning from, I don't mind whether the book is old or new.

Muthoni

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I would have to say that I prefer old books when buying for me. There are places in my region where you can buy old books. Once you finish reading the book you can change it for another one at a small fee. I have read so many books that way. On the other hand my mom loves to buy new books. I remember that I recently read one of the books she had bought. It was still wrapped.

blueeyes

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I prefer to buy used books because they are a lot cheaper and I get a lot more for my money. I like hardcover books over paperbacks and they can be quite pricey. I will admit I don't buy as often as I used to since I got my kindle but I still watch for used book sales.

missbishi

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
I never buy new books, I just can't afford it. I always get books from the local charity shops. I'm lucky enough to live near a good library so I can also order new books from them. it usually takes a few weeks but it means I get to read the latest bestsellers for free.

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
As someone who reads a lot of textbooks, I can't afford to buy new books all of the time. But I do like used books that aren't that old, especially if it's books about astronomy, as astronomy books that are only ten years old are outdated. Astronomy is a science in which they're constantly finding new facts, which is why I need an astronomy book that's fairly new.

magnus2022

Reaction score
Tokenz
435.62z
I prefer new books. It have some lovely natural smell that resonates with my senses. Sometimes, I simply keep the book close to my nose. The woody scent keep me fascinated.

78,864Threads
2,185,192Messages
4,953Members
Back