Discussion Boards not Social Media

Users who are viewing this thread

Carlton

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Whilst its good, more and more people try to make a forum more socially appealing, using a model based on facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc

A forum should be kept as a forum,
the style here is awful, very anal and run of the mill. the functionality is brilliant, love it. but been done over and over with better software and half the time, free, as long as you know how to program a bit.

was surprised to see offtopicz has gone down this route.. niche markets are what are needed, not bow down to common frameworks that are basically a flea fart in a hurricane.

negative feedback I know, but its what this topic is.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

MMMMatilde

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
122.72z
If you don't like it then get out. If you don't want to use it like social media, then don't. It's not rocket science.

Matilde.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Whilst its good, more and more people try to make a forum more socially appealing, using a model based on facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc

A forum should be kept as a forum,
the style here is awful, very anal and run of the mill. the functionality is brilliant, love it. but been done over and over with better software and half the time, free, as long as you know how to program a bit.

was surprised to see offtopicz has gone down this route.. niche markets are what are needed, not bow down to common frameworks that are basically a flea fart in a hurricane.

negative feedback I know, but its what this topic is.
Rant?...or do you have suggestions?

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
I like it

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
I as well.
If the op has suggestions for improvement... Jordan would probably implement in feasable improvements.
I have not seen any suggestions from the op as to what improvements he or she would like that would benefit the forum.

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,041.43z
If you don't like it then get out. If you don't want to use it like social media, then don't. It's not rocket science.

Matilde.
I'm always open to feedback :D Negative or positive! I like to think feedback is what helps me better a site for the users.

Anyhow, regarding the OP, as previous users have already stated, do you happen to have any other suggestions to help benefit the forums as a whole.

Regarding the social media part, what part of the boards is not a discussion board to you? The entire forum is a discussion board? Only thing that would be different are the user pages where they are able to put a "status", and other people can write on your page. However, the old previous forum software had this function as well. Not in the same way, but it was basically there, even if it was not as visible.

Regarding your second post,
and your charging!

3 months...
I am not charging at all. Off Topicz is free for all users. What you see there, is OPTIONAL. And all it is is basically you "donating" to help with server bills and what not. Perks does come with it, but it is what it is.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Perhaps it is the share buttons at the bottom of the page the OP is referencing.
Full forum function ability has always been here..I am having a little trouble following the first post.
In my opinion it does not go into detail enough as if the poster was perhaps in rush and didnt have time to go into detail.
Hopefully he or she will chime back in and elaborate in further detail as to what is not proper with this site in his or her opinion.

Carlton

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
actually, I quite like it now. sorry to do a U turn, its quick and easy to use, I should of spent a bit more time looking at it, rather than jumping in feet first.. good work..

78,865Threads
2,185,204Messages
4,953Members
Back