Did You Like CBS's "The Flash"? Did Any of Its Stars Get Famous?

Users who are viewing this thread

Uncle Doc J

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
I'm looking at the Wikipedia-page for it, and I'm seeing a bunch of familiar names as guest stars (including Mark "Luke Skywalker" Hamill, who reprised his 'Flash'-villain in the 2015 series); but I don't recognize the principal-stars, and I can list the 'guest star'-names I recognize on one hand.

Though Amanda Pays also reprises her leading role as Dr. Tina McGee---although I think it's much more subdued ... now she's just 'a member of the team at S.T.A.R. Labs' (led by the The Flash's ultimate nemisis Anti-Flash) and not--at least the way the Wiki-page makes it sound--the love-interest (a role taken over by The Flash's foster-sister (the daughter of his foster-father)).

What do you think led to the show's quick cancellation? Was it the massive amount of quality programming (in a largely pre-DVR media-landscape)? Or something else (specifically)?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Shimus

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I love the new take on the FLASH. I also love ARROW, and they cameo in each others shows (namely Felicity, she's smokin' hot!)

But both of them have decent storylines and likeable actors. I haven't found much to dislike other than the series feels 'too episodic' and not enough 'higher plot' is revealed in any time span. They should let on more.

joshposh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I'm looking at the Wikipedia-page for it, and I'm seeing a bunch of familiar names as guest stars (including Mark "Luke Skywalker" Hamill, who reprised his 'Flash'-villain in the 2015 series); but I don't recognize the principal-stars, and I can list the 'guest star'-names I recognize on one hand.

Though Amanda Pays also reprises her leading role as Dr. Tina McGee---although I think it's much more subdued ... now she's just 'a member of the team at S.T.A.R. Labs' (led by the The Flash's ultimate nemisis Anti-Flash) and not--at least the way the Wiki-page makes it sound--the love-interest (a role taken over by The Flash's foster-sister (the daughter of his foster-father)).

What do you think led to the show's quick cancellation? Was it the massive amount of quality programming (in a largely pre-DVR media-landscape)? Or something else (specifically)?

Why did you say that the show got canceled? I looked on the net and only found rumors about it and it was all announced on April 1st.

The best episodes are coming out in the next few weeks as the show is wrapping up it's first season. The Arrow has made it to 3 seasons, and I think The Flash will see more seasons as well as the two series are linked and they do appear together in cross over episodes. Here's a trailer of the team ups that are going to happen soon.

SPOILER ALERT................DON'T WATCH THIS IF YOU WANT IT TO BE A SURPRISE.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Uncle Doc J

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
Why did you say that the show got canceled?

I was talking about the 1990-version on CBS. The CW version looks like it has the Buffy the Vampire Slayer audience (which I was and still am, watching it in syndication on FX or FXX) ... I wonder if Joss Whedon wrote- or directed- (or produced- or catered to-) any Flash-episodes.

Do you think they'll do with some past programs what The Big Bang Theory does with Roseanne (Johnny Galecki starring in both, with Sara Gilbert & Laurie Metcalf starring in the old one & guest-starring in the new one)?

kensonplays

Reaction score
Tokenz
41.52z
I know its an old thread, but still :p
The show was good for I'd say the first half the seasons, and then the later ones were alright.

78,865Threads
2,185,200Messages
4,953Members
Back