Chocolate Covered Katie

Users who are viewing this thread

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,448.70z
Anybody else a fan of her food blog (http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/)??? Her recipes are all vegan and she has some really interesting stuff on there. I'm going to try her pumpkin pie reese's cups on my next off day.

Pumpkin Pie Peanut Butter Cups
(a.k.a. Pumpkin Reeses!)

• 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp cocoa powder (25g)
  • nunaturals vanilla drops to taste, or 2 tbsp liquid sweetener (such as pure maple syrup or agave)
  • 1/4 cup liquid virgin coconut oil (Or omit these first three ingredients and simply melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips instead.) (50g)
  • 2 tbsp pumpkin puree (Sweet potato would work, too.) (30g)
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter (You might be able to sub 2 more tbsp pumpkin for a lower-fat version, but I haven’t tried it. Feel free to sub another nut butter in place of the peanut butter.) (30g)
  • 1/8 tsp cinnamon (and optional pinch pumpkin pie spice)

Stir first three ingredients together until it makes a sauce (If using the stevia version, you might want to add a little extra oil for a thinner consistency). Fill just the very bottoms of cupcake liners, mini cupcake liners, or candy molds with chocolate, reserving the rest. Then freeze 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine all other ingredients and stir to form a paste. (If you use refrigerated peanut butter, it’s best to heat the nut butter a bit first, so it’ll mix more easily.) Take liners from freezer and top each with filling (1 teaspoon in each of ten, if using mini cupcake liners). Cover with more chocolate, and freeze until solid. (You won’t use all the chocolate, but I’m sure you can find yummy ways to use the extra…) Unless you’ve used the non-coconut version, it’s best to keep these in the freezer.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Aeval

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
MMMMM just had a quick look and the greek yogurt cheesecake and homemade pop tarts definitely stand out.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,448.70z
I've made this recipe a bunch of times and it's always a hit. The conversion seems to be off, though, b/c there's no way to blend what my 2 cans of garbanzo beans equals w/o adding some liquid. I'm not vegan, so I usually add some milk.

Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Pizookie
(gluten free!)
Obviously inspired by the Deep-Dish Cookie Pie.

• 2 cans white beans or garbanzos (drained and rinsed) (500g total, once drained)
  • 1 cup quick oats
  • 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin (or butternut squash or sweet potato)
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 tbsp vegetable oil or coconut oil
  • 1 and 1/2 cups brown sugar or coconut sugar (For a sugar-free version, perhaps try xylitol. Also, white sugar will work if you don’t have brown. Also: I know some readers have successfully made my original pie with agave, but I haven’t tried it.)
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

Blend everything (except the chips) very well in a food processor (NOT a blender). Blend until it’s super-smooth. Mix in chips, and pour into a pan. (I used a 10-inch springform pan, but you can use a smaller pan if you want a really deep-dish pie.) Cook at 350F for 35 minutes. Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.

I top it w/ sugar free vanilla ice cream. It's amazing!!!

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,448.70z
Ooh, just found this recipe...I want to try it. I <3 lemon poppyseed muffins!!!

Lil Lemon Poppies
(Adapted from the Candle Cafe Cookbook)

• very scant 1 T poppy seeds
  • 1 tsp grated lemon zest
  • 2 T lemon juice
  • 1/4 c non-dairy milk
  • 1 c spelt flour (or white, ww pastry, or even try gluten-free mix!)
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3 T maple syrup
  • 1/4 c vegan butter, applesauce, oil, or a combo (if using oil or apple, add 1/16 tsp salt)
  • 2 T sugar (I used less than 2T because I used stevia)
  • 1/2 tsp powdered ginger (You can omit this.)

Preheat oven to 355 degrees. Mix dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix liquid ingredients (and poppy seeds), then combine and stir until just mixed. Don’t overmix. Pour into mini liners or spray a mini muffin tin with oil, and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Makes 12 cute lil mini muffins.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,448.70z
And here's the pumpkin nut butter. It's seriously amazing and SO easy to make up.

Pumpkin Peanut Butter
Inspired by: this nut butter

• 1/3c pureed pumpkin (or canned)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 T plus 1 tsp nut butter (pb, almond, or even coconut butter! Feel free to add extra, if you want a stronger nut-butter flavor.)
  • optional: sweetener to taste, such as 1/2 packet stevia or 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
  • pinch of salt

Mix all ingredients together, either with a spoon or in a food processor. If your peanut butter is hard, you might want to warm it up a little, pre-mixing.

NuckingFuts

One of the originals
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
395.93z
All I could think of is this little hot nurse at work.
The thread title is deceiving.

But some of the recipes sound really good.

Sam4

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
This threat is superb. This recipe is looking tasty. I will try this tonight. Thanks for sharing such a new kind of recipe of butter.

78,866Threads
2,185,227Messages
4,953Members
Back