Can you clear my doubt about home security system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Jackass master

Old and worn out
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
If you live in a high crime area just use a gun. Regular practice is important for both. I find SPAM cans are good targets.:tooth

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Yes, you need to test it regularly. Sometimes the wiring can short out and you won't know it. Know one guy named Rob who had a home security system installed and 2 years later he was wiped clean by burglars because his alarm didn't go off.

I believe the manufacturers recommendations is to test the system at least once a month for a year. Call the police before hand though and let them know you're going to test it. You don't want it going off and by chance have the police show up. Just recently in Dallas a homeowner was shot by the police at 1 in the morning due to a home alarm going off.

Remember, be SAFE!!

Francis

Sarcasm is me :)
Reaction score
Tokenz
2.08z
I guess that depends..

Is it a wireless system and do you have all the contact points set up to show a fault if they are not detected regardless.

Do not use a bypass just because the system is telling you there is an error. This is a sure fire way to leave an open checkpoint wide open.

If it's monitored as mine is I don't need to do tests. When a problem comes up my company calls me right away because they get a warning that one of my contact points are faulty when I am on the road.

If it's your own system than yes, do a test on a regular basis.

Note some city by-laws will bill you for noise infractions for doing testing or having false alarms..

Follow the proper procedure and after the test take your alarm OFF TEST MODE..

Jackass master

Old and worn out
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
I just feed and praise the dogs. No test needed as they go off every time and most folks won't even think about coming inside. Meanwhile i have multiple weapons always ready to rock and roll.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
I just feed and praise the dogs. No test needed as they go off every time and most folks won't even think about coming inside. Meanwhile i have multiple weapons always ready to rock and roll.

Careful we have people that feel you dont have a right to defend yourself during a home invasion.:D

Francis

Sarcasm is me :)
Reaction score
Tokenz
2.08z
Careful we have people that feel you dont have a right to defend yourself during a home invasion.:D

I have no guns and no dogs, but I pity the basturd that tries to invade my home.. Guns and dogs are not the only means of defence.. ;)

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
I have no guns and no dogs, but I pity the basturd that tries to invade my home.. Guns and dogs are not the only means of defence.. ;)

But you should not hurt the invaders according to many...but rather take your chances that they will not bring you bodily harm.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,337.15z
Perhaps you could share w/ us a link to a site on the internet where one could find one of these security systems? :dunno

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
If it is a wireless alarm system that runs on batteries then yes you need to check it regularly. If it is hardwired into your mains then usually no, perhaps once a year. You can contact the installers to come back once a year for a maintenance check.

78,864Threads
2,185,192Messages
4,953Members
Back