Book Length

Users who are viewing this thread

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Do you have a particular preference as to how many pages you enjoy in a book? Do you prefer a good ol' 800 page marathon that seems to take ages to read and you never want to put it down or do you like it short...say 200 pages?

I'm at the 400-500 pages stage, I like a good story which obviously can be achieved with any book, but I feel that length gives it time to develop.

(And yes, I realise there's plenty of TWSS in here, innuendo fans)

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

edgray

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I like few pages, big print, and lots of pictures.

to be honest though, I'm not into huge marathon books. I like them shortish, maybe 200 - 300 pages.

pjbleek

Reaction score
Tokenz
795.15z
I like few pages, big print, and lots of pictures.

to be honest though, I'm not into huge marathon books. I like them shortish, maybe 200 - 300 pages.

might I suggest Playboy, Ed...lots of pictures there

:24::24::24::24::24::24::24:

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I prefer books that are between the 200-300 range, but I've read books longer (600+). It really depends on the story & how well it can keep me enthralled.

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
It depends on the story. I've read books around 200-300 pages that are dull and never seem to end. It's just got to be interesting enough to keep me interested

Boomerang

Stone Throwing Rebel
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Usually I like a book to be between 300 and 400 pages. I tend to neglect things when I read so it is best that the book isn't too long or nothing eve gets done!

HottyToddyChick

Toes in the water...
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm currently reading TWO books and they both fall over 500 pages. I think most of my books run about 300 though. I just picked the two of the biggest I could this time? :dunno

Solariskun

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
This'll say it all but I actually prefer Trilogy's, good lenght books that go one through a few books keeps me occupied for longer.

Katya S

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I like books which are 400-600 pages because they usually have a really well-developed storyline and characters, but most of the books I read are about 300 pages long. I don't know why, I suppose it's just because this is the most common length for young adults books.

Joker99352

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It really depends on the book's density for me. Some books are easy to breeze through even if they're long, but books like Dune are like a long uphill run through molasses. I prefer a relatively short book, but one that's long enough that it lasts long enough to tell the entire story. For mass market paperback books I'd say the magic number is somewhere between 350-400.

bmfc

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I love to read. I will read, anything I can get my hands on. I do end up reading large book 800-1000 pages. when I was a kid, I thought, the thicker the book, the better, it would be.

CoachV

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Quality of writing is more important than quantity of pages. No length preference for me. Is the book good? Ill read it! LOTR books were so long, but so good. James Bond books are shorter but very entertaining.

78,866Threads
2,185,215Messages
4,953Members
Back