AUFred ask away

Users who are viewing this thread

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,339.53z
Auburn University. I am a sports fan and love that school. I actually attended a satellite campus.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,027.05z
As someone who has been on forums for at least 20 years, what is something you think could help improve them?

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,339.53z
I think the biggest thing is making it inviting and fun. All forums have a life of their own. Basic rules work better than a lot of rules in my experience.
Watching for trolls is a job in itself. Whether they are troublemakers or trying to sell people on things.

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,027.05z
Follow up question then.

What can be done to make it more inviting and fun? What has other forums done that you thought was a good idea?

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,339.53z
That is a good question. This board is very diverse with people from all over the world. Since it is just resurrecting itself I would probably just feel the room out short term. Some boards like to wear a topic out while others like to play games whether word games or trivia. I like to keep it light personally. I have seen politics become very divisive on other boards. I hate to be vague but most of my moderating has been on topic specific boards versus general boards, although I post on those too.

78,865Threads
2,185,200Messages
4,953Members
Back