Are you a cord cutter

Users who are viewing this thread

streamguy69

Reaction score
Tokenz
894.47z
I cut the cord a few years back. I currently have youtubetv, netflix, hulu,paramount+ peacock,espn+ , disney+ , hbomax, just to name a few. with my 5Ghome internet, my total monthly cost is just over $125.00 monthly. With my cable company it was just under $200.00 monthly and that was plus all of the other stuff. At the time I did not have hbomax which is only $10.00 a month and my bill was $235.00 a month. I have saved Over $100.00 for the past 3 years so yeah that is a lot.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Jessica

Reaction score
Tokenz
221.76z
At some point during high school or maybe after, my parents stopped paying for cable. Might have been when they stopped using a landline phone, too... now, they do have a TV but they don't watch cable. I think it's a smart TV. As for me, I only use streaming services. Don't have a TV in my apartment anyways

Mystic

OTz's Typo Scouser
Reaction score
Tokenz
117.19z
Yes, definitely a cord cutter. Got rid of the expensive cable company years ago. Now just use Netflix and prime with pbs and amc. I drop or add channels on prime as i see programs i want to see, like Yellowstone. Dropping cable has saved us over a hundred dollars a month... crazy.

streamguy69

Reaction score
Tokenz
894.47z
We never had cable but we moved away from Satellite a few years ago. We have youtubeTV, Paramount+, Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, PlutoTV & RokuTV & a few other free streaming options.
Sounds like the package I put together. I have youtubetv, the disney plus bundle for free, paramount+ peacock,netflix, and the free ones. I never run out of stuff to watch

Kurbir

Fraud. Lies. Deceit.
Premium
Reaction score
Tokenz
782.67z
When I moved to my current place, I decided that I am done with paying for TV package that I hardly watched and instead picked a package with a faster internet connection.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,344.50z
We haven't had cable in several years. With our cellphone plan (Verizon), we get free Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+. I subscribed to a year of Paramount at a discount and got my Netflix free for the year. We have Crunchyroll and Prime Video as well.

Also, because I have her on my Prime account, my former roommate lets me use her cable sign in. So I use that to stream football games when needed.

Keight

Reaction score
Tokenz
175.38z
Yep, Cord cutter here!

We survive of streaming services alone, we dont even have the TV connected to a local aerial its all streamed through the Wireless Net. It all looks so much cleaner and is way cheaper.

thegx.ca/forum

Reaction score
Tokenz
321.66z
Cutting cords and expenses anywhere I can...only pay for cheapest unlimited wifi $20CDN and cheapest unlimited talk/text cell phone plan $15CDN from Public Mobile and Nucleus...don't use YouTube either because too many commercials so using Invidious free no ads instead...

saoussen5765

Reaction score
Tokenz
645.65z
Cutting cords and expenses anywhere I can...only pay for cheapest unlimited wifi $20CDN and cheapest unlimited talk/text cell phone plan $15CDN from Public Mobile and Nucleus...don't use YouTube either because too many commercials so using Invidious free no ads instead...
Youtube could have a lot of concurrency on ads and then you could suffer from concurrence to have your ad displayed low time instead of several time due to ads in rotation.

Kakapo Dundee

Reaction score
Tokenz
644.22z
Been very much home based for the last 15 months, so all of the pay per view services have been under the microscope. Not impressed with the local Netflix offerings, with the exception of The Good Place, and even that was messy at the end as they tried to tie up all the loose ends at the last minute. We have free to air channels here, and decent wireless internet, but I don't keep track of the exact costs as our phones are bundled. Ad blockers still work on YouTube, and deleting my browsing history regularly ensures that I don't fall into the cone of crap that the algorithms seem to think I want. Choices are limited in a sparsely populated country, local content is usually pretty dire, and the highlight of my viewing day is an hour of quizzing just after dinner. The current obsession for elimination style shows and ghastly reality featuring awful money-grubbers means I don't watch much scheduled TV. Most of the movies on offer are so old that there are free-to-air versions on YouTube anyway. Virtual model railways and sessions with the personal trainer and hydrotherapy team fill most of the dead space while I'm awake.

78,865Threads
2,185,200Messages
4,953Members
Back