Anything Special Happening on Valentine's Day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Michele Lovejoy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Normally on Valentine's Day we get the kids a bit of chocolate and a few cute other little odds and ends. We make Valentine's cookies and sometimes cakes. I normally cook a special Valentine's day meal for us all that everyone will enjoy and we just enjoy our time together as a family.

Hubby and I get gifts for each other as well but we don't make a big deal out of it.

How will you be celebrating Valentine's Day with your loved ones?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Twinsmommy31

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
My husband and I are going out on a date. We are going to see a movie, go out to a great restaurant and then spend some cuddle time at home. The kids will be with Grandma. Yesss!!!

xTinx

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Since I don't have any romantic interest with whom I can spend Valentine's Day, this year's event will once again be another family affair. Nope, I'm not complaining. Spending time with the family has always been a blast. It would be more so if we can set aside our different views. We always dine out during Valentine's and eat icecream, chocolates and the like.

Lushlala

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
When my husband and I started dating, we did celebrate Valentine's. But over the years, we realised we were of the same opinion that we didn't want to continue feeding the commercial beast by continuing with this "tradition". We say "I love you" to each other most days, anyway and celebrate what we have all the time. For us, there's really nothing special about this day; but we don't judge those who choose to celebrate it :)

MLNewkirk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
My husband and I don't know yet. We will most likely stay home, watch a movie and make dinner. Our son was born in February and he'll be turning one so our focus right now is on birthday planning. My husband and I don't usually do anything big anyway. Last year, for example, we went out on a picnic.

Muthoni

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I had even forgotten about valentine until I read your thread. Not many people celebrate this day in my region. In my village where I come from, most people have never heard of this holiday. I dated someone some years back who took me out to celebrate valentine, he bought me gifts to celebrate that day. The funny side of the story is that we broke up on valentine day several years later after sharing a meal.

missbishi

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
I won't be doing anything. I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day anyhow - it's a bit too commercial for my liking. In any case, I'm not too happy in my relationship right now so celebrating Valentine's Day is the last thing I feel like doing!

azrmacc

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Valentine's day is just like any other day to us. Is Valentine's the only day that we ever think of giving or doing something special to our loved ones? My husband and I pretty much have a Valentine's day equivalent every week - and that's at random, because we do and give special things to each other no matter what day or month it is.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,377.70z
I haven't actually had a Valentine in years, but I actually do this year. We will be spending the week before Valentines together and are taking a weekend trip to Key West. I've already got the hotel room booked as well as a glass bottom boat tour. Thinking about booking a couples massage as well.

missbishi

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
Valentine's day is just like any other day to us. Is Valentine's the only day that we ever think of giving or doing something special to our loved ones? My husband and I pretty much have a Valentine's day equivalent every week - and that's at random, because we do and give special things to each other no matter what day or month it is.

That's the way to do it! If you really love someone, it shouldn't matter what day it is. Why save the romance for the one particular day that Hallmark want you to do it? Sounds like you have a great marriage, azrmacc, good for you!

HELLOnamesdana

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
I'll probably be stuck in my bedroom by myself yet again being lonely and sad about not having anyone to celebrate the holiday with or anyone to spend any time with. I have sort of been seeing a guy for a few months but I honestly don't know where we stand, and I doubt he would give up an opportunity to go out and party on a Saturday night to spend a night in with me or to go out to dinner and spend some time with me.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,377.70z
I'll probably be stuck in my bedroom by myself yet again being lonely and sad about not having anyone to celebrate the holiday with or anyone to spend any time with. I have sort of been seeing a guy for a few months but I honestly don't know where we stand, and I doubt he would give up an opportunity to go out and party on a Saturday night to spend a night in with me or to go out to dinner and spend some time with me.
Sounds like you need to bounce, to be honest. I'd rather be single than unappreciated.

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back