Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

artisan00

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
i can play a little but its all self taught so im not that good. i know most of the open chords (major, minor, a few 7ths and some assorted sus chords) and the A and E bar chord forms, so i just play artound with thaht mostly. i wish i knew more of the interesting chords but , well, i dont....

plus i suck at picking melodies or soloing know any good websites to pick up some stuff for that?

Tim

Having way too much fun
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
111.11z
Re: RE: Any guitarists on the forums?

GuesSAngel said:
i used to play...a lot. But now I don't...although i'm sure that i can still remember some things

As I've seen, you are good with your fingers :D

Legoman

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've never studied how to play guitar, but my brother used to be very good at it... up until he found out he has eczema and had to stop playing. Sometimes I can sort of grab a guitar and pick at it since I'm a musician, except I hold it the wrong way lol, but can do it nonetheless. It's more fun listening though than it is playing :banana

StangMang

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z

artisan00 said:
i can play a little but its all self taught so im not that good. i know most of the open chords (major, minor, a few 7ths and some assorted sus chords) and the A and E bar chord forms, so i just play artound with thaht mostly. i wish i knew more of the interesting chords but , well, i dont....

plus i suck at picking melodies or soloing know any good websites to pick up some stuff for that?

Well still that's better then nothing. I'm actually the opposite a little lol. When i learn a song i'll learn the solo first and work my way outward into the verses and fills. I'm facinated with the different type of solos. I started playing a little over 4 years ago and i probably play around 10-15 hours a week ever since i started. I love learning new shit. I actually used to play the drums for a band when i was a freshman a while back and one day i was playing my band members guitar messing around and i just kept messing around with it during every practice and just started to get the hang of it. I soon ended up switching to guitar. Good story huh hahaha

www.cyberfret.com (good for some lessons and random shit)
www.ultimate-guitar.com
www.e-chords.com (great place, i'm a premium member there and they have video lessons for some shit also)

All good websites to visit. Ultimate-Guitar.com has a forum also with a pretty good group of people on it. I belong to it and chat sometimes. Not lately though.

StangMang

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z

Legoman said:
I've never studied how to play guitar, but my brother used to be very good at it... up until he found out he has eczema and had to stop playing. Sometimes I can sort of grab a guitar and pick at it since I'm a musician, except I hold it the wrong way lol, but can do it nonetheless. It's more fun listening though than it is playing :banana

What do you play as a musician? j/w So you mean your a lefty? Is that what you meant lol

Legoman

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm not a lefty, I just play it that way for some goddamn reason. As for instruments, I don't remember the last time I played piano, but I did start at age 5 and I guess it's been almost 12 years now... I kinda dropped the instrument for a while. Then I played on the drums for a little while. It was for my brother's band. Then I joined my high school's band and played both the alto and the tenor saxophones for a few years. Now I'm too busy to do any of that, basically.

StangMang

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Ya i always wanted to learn to play piano. It's sorta the building block of music. Notes compared to guitar notes sorta. If you can understand how to play piano then learning guitar comes alot easier.

78,866Threads
2,185,227Messages
4,953Members
Back