A Friend

Users who are viewing this thread

WiccanWitch

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
As a teen, my little brother ended up being at the wrong place at the wrong time. He ended up inside the house when a home invasion occurred. This home invasion was put together by one of our "friends." This was written and published when I was 16.
For you my brother!

A Friend

Friends… What is the meaning? Not what you've shown.
Friends don’t make the blood shed, they protect, they know.
Friends don’t get people to break down the door.
Friends don’t make you lay on the floor.
Friends don’t beat you with baseball bats.
Friends don’t mock what the other friend lacks.
Friends don’t give you drugs to get high.
Friends don’t make you do drugs until you die.
A friend means trust, security and care.
A friend can be just as important as air.
A friend will help you when you have a bad day.
A friend will hear you when you haven't the words to say.
A friend is willing, caring, and polite.
A friend won’t make you choose death over life.
A friend is a care giver, a feeler like us.
A friend is like food, we know it’s a must.
Friends don’t take you to the party then ditch you.
A friend will be the designated driver for two.
Friends don’t sit and watch when you bleed.
A friend will be a friend when you are in need.

(All rights reserved)

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

CyberGenius

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
This is nice. I find it somehow to see friends doing things that should only be done by enemies. Sometimes they do these bad stuffs in guise of having fun; Having fun isn't about making your friend look stupid or worse make them hurt really bad. Friends shouldn't watch or make their friends bleed. You know, I have seen a whole lot of things done in guise of having fun. For example the birthday beating tradition is one of those things that I've seen really gone haywire; In my University hostel, they beat people up on their birthdays which I've seen in other places as well. However, that of my uni hostel is appalling because the birthday person would be beaten as if they were about to be lynched by a mob. Sadly, many people only realize that, they have been erring when things have already fallen apart.

@WiccanWitch, I hope that wasn't the demise of your brother because you sound like that up there?

WiccanWitch

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Thanks a lot guys. :)

CyberGenius, oh no, I didn't mean to make it sound like that. Though when I wrote it, his entire head was covered in stitches. It felt like we were just waiting for something to go wrong, like his brain starting to swell or something. He's doing great though, even has 3 kids now. We're very close and the thought of what happened still makes me sick. I had dated the guy who was responsible. :(
I haven't heard of a birthday beating. That's a scary thought. Yes I agree. Some people take things past the limit. The thing is, for that person, it isn't crossing the line. It seems that is the way like like to have fun and that's a terrible thing! I've seen some bad things too. Especially in this town. This town will drag you down with it if you aren't careful. It's often referred to as "mini Detroit" though I think Detroit might be better!

CyberGenius

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Thank goodness, I was actually expecting you to say,"NO!" Good to see that he's doing great, and I know that the occurrence is something y'all won't forget for the rest of your lives. Yeah, exactly my point above, most people do such stupid act in the name of having fun and that's what the birthday tradition is about too. The last birthday beating I witnessed was an overdone one even with the guy's face flat down on the floor, a broken arm which everyone could sense, people(more than 20) kept hitting with whatever they could till they were tired and he was messed up. He couldn't walk or use his arms properly for days afterwards but he deserved no pity(I was really sorry for him though) because he had it coming.

I think every town has its own ruffles but like you wrote above, we just have to be careful.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back